The patio area is where a person can escape from their home and enjoy the outdoors whilst being indoors. This is also the area that should be free from negative energy and digital items. So how does all of this get brought together?
Maximum natural light is what you need in a patio area to avoid having to use the electrical lights. During the day is the time when a person can make the most of the natural light. To allow this fantastic sunlight to enter the outdoor room, a sliding door can be added.
Sliding doors have many functions when it comes to patio areas. Besides allowing natural light in, they also have the following advantages:
• It acts as a window when you don’t want the door to be open. Many people prefer to close their doors on a rainy day. Although it is raining, natural light still enters the room.
• It has perfect composition. Usually, sliding doors are made of an aluminium alloy material to avoid rusting. The advantage of aluminium is that it does not need painting or varnishing because it has a good looking finish.
• It will not expand. The frame will not expand when exposed to water. There is no wood present in this door so water will not be absorbed and the structural integrity will remain intact.
• It is easier to clean and maintain. Glass only needs to be cleaned with water and soap. Aluminium can be wiped with a damp cloth when it gets dirty and it does not stain easily. You might also need to clean the railings regularly to prevent the door from getting stuck, especially if the door is outside. If the railings do get stuck, it is best to tend to this issue quickly. To fix this problem temporarily, rub a candle stick along the area that is getting stuck. The wax from the candle creates a frictionless surface so that you can move the sliding door easily.
• They can be left open to turn the room into a patio area. This is great if you have guests and want an open entertainment area. When the sliding doors are open it allows guests to move around freely while chatting and mingling.
• It suits everyone. Sliding doors are a modern and trendy home feature. If you require a specific size or design, custom door manufacturers can make a door to suit your specifications.
Many people dream of having a patio area where they can entertain guests and simply enjoy time in their backyard. A well-built and decorated patio can be the perfect relaxation place and entertainment area.
Firstly, decide on how big the patio should be and allocate the area in your yard. Draw up a plan or layout so that you incorporate everything you like and, more importantly, so that the builder knows what is to be done. It is important that you decide on whether the patio will be made mostly of glass or of bricks. A balance of both would be ideal. You could opt for a patio that has the back wall built with bricks and the three sides consist of glass doors. Or you could build the back and side walls with bricks and only have the front section made with glass doors.
A patio is also great with a braai area. Seeing that you are building this unit yourself (well with the help of a builder) you can build the braai into the patio area. The braai stand could be built with bricks to any design that you prefer. It could be a single or double braai. You could build a mini work station next to it. It’s all up to your imagination. When you plan it, keep in mind that it needs to be functional too.
If you are planning on entertaining much then a bar will be good idea too. You also have options here. You could build the bar into the patio or you could build a freestanding wooden bar. The advantage of the freestanding wooden bar is that you can move it. So if you decide you want to use the patio for a birthday dinner party where you need to have a number of tables, then you can move the bar out of the way. This will free up space for all the tables and chairs for your party.
At this stage you can get all the bricks, cement, doors, windows and other materials that will be required. The builders can get started according to your plan. When it comes to the installation of the windows and glass doors make sure that you get someone who knows how to install it. The glass doors need to be perfectly lined up to ensure that it slides perfectly. Plus working with glass is a delicate job.
Once the patio area is built to your specifications, you can paint it and decorate it. And, of course, you should enjoy it.